Friday, June 17, 2011

Marie Antoinette: Look 1

For my first shoot, I decided to style one of my best friend's, Alex, for her birthday. In honor of such a joyous day I was inspired by Sofia Coppola's Marie Antoinette.

When the film came out I lived in London which was a time of great independence in my life. I was nineteen and went without knowing anyone to study theatre. The themes Coppola reflected echoed to much of what I was feeling as a young woman on my own. 

I took note of the beautiful color palette from the film and the level of indulgence in dressing. In this time of recession one can still dress in a fanciful way without spending unnecessary funds on clothes. I hope this avant-garde shoot reflects how important to find joy in tough times.

This is the first of four looks I will post that reflects this concept. I did the styling, hair and makeup. My wonderful, talented roommate and best friend Nicole did the photography. Check out her blog!



 Shirt: vintage, Vest: Urban Outfitters, Beaded Belt: LF, Shorts: Urban Outfitters, Scarf: vintage, Tights: Hue, Shoes: Nine West, Sunglasses: Forever21, Lashes: Sephora

To my dear Alexandria, I hope in this year you find everything you ever dreamed of and more. Your entrance into my life made everything brighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment