Friday, July 8, 2011

The Royal Tenenbaums- Pagoda

It's rare a film can make me laugh and cry simultaneously. For me, Wes Anderson's The Royal Tenenbaums does this. Its perfect mix of dark dramedy and larger than life characters reminds me why I love film, theatre and fashion so much. Karen Patch (costume designer for the film) does an impeccable job creating these characters disguises in Anderson's unmistakable world.
For the first look from this shoot I was inspired by Gene Hackman's patriarch and his loyal sidekick Pagoda. Of course, I wanted to translate this look into something current and wearable as well as make Pagoda's style wearable for a female. 
Special Thanks to my friends Chris and Alex for modeling as well as Chris and Allison (my favorite engaged couple) for the use of their wonderful backyard). 
*Also to note I served as my own photographer on this shoot.






On Alexandria: coat: J Crew, shirt: Club Monaco, Pink Jeans: Forever 21, Boots: LF, Sunglasses: H&M, Hat: Gap.
On Chris: Suit: Hugo Boss, Shirt: Banana Republic, Tie: Vintage, Scarf: Vintage, Watch: Tag Heuer, Shoes: Magnanni, Glasses: H&M, Hat: Molte Cose

No comments:

Post a Comment